Saturday, January 28, 2017

Kamloops Art Battle

This weekend I participated in my first Art Battle.  I was impressed and humbled by the talent in the room, but it was such a warm, welcoming and encouraging environment.  Our hosts, Jennifer and Micheal O'Brian of 4Cats Studio, are such energetic supporters of emerging artists and create this atmosphere.  

I can't wait for the next one!



The piece I produced emerged from the current political climate shaking the world.  One woman commented "it makes me feel things", which is the greatest compliment I could receive, and reminded me of the role art has to play in our daily lives.  Whether the aim is to create a calming emotion, to titillate or to challenge, art that moves us, even a little, has done its job.     



No comments:

Post a Comment